12/7/07

in the beginning

When I went home for Thanksgiving, mom gave me Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts, which I had been dying to buy. It's wonderful. I haven't made anything from it yet, but here are pictures of a spectrum quilt a Purl blogger made...scroll down to see pictures of her cat posing in the middle of it!

The other day I was walking down West 29th Street between 8th and 7th avenues and passed the most wonderful series of odd little old New York shops, the kind of thing it's hard to find now in most parts of the city: a store that had empty shelves but was selling a life-size fiberglass cow in the front window; a store selling only dried flowers, leaves, and branches; and a store selling only fencing supplies.

I can't wait to see The Golden Compass. I just finished The Amber Spyglass last week! That is all.

No comments: