3/11/08

Wedding Inspiration!

As of today there are 144 days till the wedding! Yes, I have a day by day count down going on, I am that excited! My new favorite past time that seems to be sucking away pretty much every spare second I have is looking at other people's blogs to find some good inspiration. It is amazing all that there is out there. I tend to stick to the wedding blogs that somehow involve the words Southern or Preppy! It is amazing to see all of the wonderful ideas that people have!

One of my absolute favorite blogs to look at is Snippet and Ink! I love looking at the way all of the different elements are put together to create unique weddings.

I recently found these two pictures that have some elements that go along with what I have discussed with our florist. I absolutely love this cake! I like that the swags are similar to the ones on our china! I have already picked out my bride's cake and love it but I am unsure of my grooms cake. I am wondering if the cute greenery swags would look good on a square shaped, two tier, chocolate cake?

We had also discussed putting floral arrangements in urns instead of glass or silver vases. We have also discussed including topiaries. I found this cute picture that shows both!


This is the table fabric we will hopefully use on the tables and I love it! It is not what I ever thought I would want seeing that I am obsessed with the color blue but I get excited every time I see the swatch!

Our florist is going for an "English Country Garden" look. I could have and would have never come up with that idea for our wedding but I love everything we have talked about and I can't wait to go back and talk to her more!

And in my search for wedding inspiration on the internet I came across this funny blog, called The Groom's Truth, that is about wedding planning but from the groom's perspective. I forwarded it to PW and he claims that he thinks it is very funny!

No comments: