3/31/08

DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL DUET ... DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL DUET

Hopefully some people have found my post about the NIGHTMARE I have been through with my WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHING MACHINE.
I didn't give all of the incredibly frustrating details in my attempt to have my machine fixed. Just know that I used one of the WHIRLPOOL RECOMMENDED REPAIR COMPANIES in Houston to fix it. THEY COULD NOT FIX IT, so their response after taking hundreds of my dollars was to say that there was nothing wrong with it. Despite that statement, THIS

WHIRLPOOL DUET washer WILL NOT RINSE THE SUDS FROM THE CLOTHES.
If it's NOT RINSING THE SUDS......THEN.......IT'S NOT RINSING THE SOIL from the clothes.


Therefore, The CLOTHES REMAIN FULL of SUDS......and DIRTY WATER.



WHIRLPOOL WILL DO NOTHING FOR ME.....................except set me up with

ANOTHER "RECOMMENDED" repair company.........who would then, and I'm only

guessing.......take more of my money and declare the machine - fine....................



WOULD YOU BELIEVE..............the recommended repair company sent me a SATISFACTION CARD in the mail today???

sample questions on survey:

Did we repair your appliance in a timely manner? Let's see ........... four months, and you didn't fix anything........ANSWER ..... NO

Was your appliance repaired to your satisfaction? Ummmmmmmmm.....NO.
You DID NOT FIX my Whirlpool Duet machine. YOU SAID IT WASN'T BROKEN, after hundreds of dollars of "repairs" that changed nothing about its operation, and after THREE MONTHS of working on it, appointments spread out over weeks, because that's when you could "get here". And of course the last extra month that you ignored me after you said you would call me back and talk about WHIRLPOOL and what you could do with warranties in such a situation. I HAD TO CALL YOU BACK ....... AFTER YOU SAID YOU WOULD GET BACK TO ME ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH, and that the boss, who was away, would get back to me the following Monday when he returned.

They say THEY VALUE ME AS A CUSTOMER, and they LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING ME AGAIN.

I can only assume that they run their business with the same lack of detail (none) that they use in sending out these surveys to people whom they KNOW ARE NOT SATISFIED. Gee, isn't there a file on me yet that says "WE WERE UNABLE TO REPAIR her WHIRLPOOL DUET"?......IF SHE CALLS....DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE.


The OTHER BIG QUESTION I have is - WHY DO the LOCAL REPAIRMEN HAVE TO CALL

THE WHIRLPOOL HOTLINE to get someone who can tell them what might be WRONG

with the WHIRLPOOL DUET when IT DOESN'T WORK? They are a REPAIR COMPANY! Is

this WHIRLPOOP (oops, typo....but not a bad name) DUET such a complicated mess that no

one but some geniuses on a hotline can possibly be taught how to repair it, and then not even, as

in my case? I have NEVER had a washing machine repairman, in the 30 years of owning

washing machines up until this WHIRLPOOP (uh oh, I did it again....totally not on purpose)

DUET who HAD TO CALL a "HOTLINE" to know what was wrong with a machine. NOT

ONCE......NEVER.


SO:


BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE


DO NOT BUY the WHIRLPOOL DUET

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We bought a Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer. It worked for eighteen months. We called customer service. They will replace the part but we have pay for labor. I wish I had found your site nineteen months ago.