4/8/08

Monkey Cupcakes

For all of our two or three blog readers (who by the way already know this) here is where the name Monkey Cupcake comes from!



Part from my love of monkeys! We have Mayme and Sissy to thank for the start of the monkey obsession. Christmas Eve 1999 they presented us with stuffed monkeys that were so cute and it all started from there. I now have people give me stuffed monkeys, monkey posters, monkey erasers, monkey stationary, and many more fun monkey items!
The other part "cupcakes" comes from the excellence of a good cupcake. The particular ones in the picture were banana cupackes with chocolate buttercreme frosting. The cupcake part wasn't my favorite but I still make the buttercreme frosting if I make cupcakes!
Ask anyone (especially my neighbors in the Tri Delt house junior year of college) "I like monkeys!!!"

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love monkeys too!!! These cupcakes are SOOOOO cute! I'm going to send this to my friend Hillary. She is obsessed with cupcakes! and she was a tri delt too!

Hillary said...

My friend Kelly, who just posted, sent me your blog link!! We mist be kindred spirits...love cupcakes, both tri delts, and she said you're getting married this year too! What fun! I'm having cupcakes for my wedding cake! Oh Yum!!!
I love the monkey ones! I need to make them for my friend Laurie b/c she think she looks like a monkey...or baboon, rather! :)