5/21/08

Embosser "fun"!

UPDATE: After waiting oh so "patiently" I got the monogram proof from Wilshire and this is it! I really like it. I was also excited because they send you a proof with three different sizes that you can pick from. If the rest of the order/delivery goes this well I will be a forever fan of this company!
Since I have decided that I would like to make the programs for the wedding I have been on the hunt for an embosser that fits a few criteria. First it must have an extra deep area to insert the paper since our programs are 5 1/4 inches square and I want the monogram to be in the center. Second it must come from a company that has nice images or fonts to use for the cover of the program.

I met RAR at a nice pharmacy near my school yesterday to check out their selection of wedding guest books and I asked the lady working in the paper area about the embossers that they sell. I explained to her how there needed to have an extra deep area in order to place the image in the middle of the program. I was quickly told that no such embosser existed. Since I had already seen that it does in fact exist on the internet (love the internet) I explained to her that yes, it does exist I guess just not with the company that they sell.

Next RAR and I headed to the store that sold us the wedding invitations. I won't go into it because I'll just get angry but the girls working there were very rude, acted like nobody makes their own programs, and then gave us a tacky suggestion for the program cover. Don't be snooty if you are going to follow it up with tacky, you are discrediting yourself. After a bad experience with ordering the invitation from them and after yesterday RAR and I are boycotting!

So we went home and went onto Wilshire Graphic Press where I originally saw the right sized embosser online and we bought one. The ladies on Weddingbee seem to like the company and you get an email with the proof of what your image will look like before they put the order through! I am "patiently" waiting for that email!


I decided to have our monogram in the font called "Monogram" which is the top left font below. So instead of GFL it will be RWP!


We also ordered the programs online from Crane and if you know me you know that I like to have decisions made so I feel good! And I'm excited because now PW and I have a nice embosser that we can use on stationary for thank you notes and for the rest of our life!



Grades are in! The kids are finished on May 29th at 12:45 and I am done on May 30th! Everyone is ready for summer. Only 4 1/2 days to have the sign below on my door! In August I will have to make a new one. The kids are very concerned with me changing anything that has my name on it! Some even want to start calling me by my new name now. Today during our morning meeting one little boy raised his hand and asked "When are you going to have a baby?" I told him not for a while to which he responded "Well my mom had me when she was 31." So I told him that gives me 4 years and quickly steered away from talking to 8 year olds about having babies!

1 comment:

RHRB said...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A BABY?